Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager - Private Sector - BlueTeam
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
The Senior Project Manager reports into the Director of Capital Projects and is responsible for a detailed approach to project planning and management. BlueTeam produces the highest quality deliverables on time, every time. As an ideal candidate, you are a highly trained with a proven history of project and program management. You are an outstanding communicator, an exceptional leader, and an even better strategist. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the BlueTeam standard of excellence and delivering projects with the utmost attention to safety and quality.
What you’ll do...
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible and accountable for Total Project Delivery, including project costs, scheduling, client relationships, and profitability
- Directly supervise the activities of the office and field staff related to the assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Director and Operations
- Manage all administrative functions on the project
- Follow all procedures and policies of the company
- Ensure compliance with the company's safety program
- Create and evaluate process flows and recommend improvements
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met, including creating schedule, cost performance baselines / indexes, scope baseline, and tracking / adjusting progress
- Manage all sides of the project financially including contracts, projections, billings, etc.
- Maintain required project documentation (Project Charter; Scope; MS Project Plan; Communication Plan; Configuration Management Plan; Risk Register and Risk Mitigation Plans; RAID logs; Lessons Learned; Training materials; Sign-off)
- Teach and provide training to the construction personnel in the policies, procedures, systems, and technical construction techniques used by the company
- Continuously evaluate the capabilities of the construction personnel at regular intervals as determined by company policy
- Participate as needed in interviewing potential candidates for new positions available
- Offer technical expertise during design and construction
- Assist as necessary in the procurement of building permits
- Communicate and monitor the goals and objectives to the field associates
- Managing project close out, as-builts, O&M’s, warranties, lien releases, punch list items, extra products, and key control
COURSE OF CONSTRUCTION
- Ensure all project goals are met
- Direct and lead the subcontractors, material vendors, and superintendents
- Direct the mobilization of resources, both human and material, including initial site set-up
- Managing the owner and architect during reoccurring OAC meetings and create meeting minutes
- Resolve subcontractor disputes
- Conduct site-walks and create subsequent write-ups
- Create bill of materials and provide accurate quotes for both materials and labor, insuring profitability
- Monitor quality of workmanship and materials on projects
- Maintain weekly status reports on projects for supervisory review
- Coordinating with the superintendent and subcontractors to develop and update the progress project schedules
- Assist the Company on OSHA inspections when necessary
- Provide safety reports on projects when necessary
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Engineers, Superintendents, Field Engineer, and any company general labor
- Create and maintain site logistics plan
- Create and manage RFI's
- Ensure project as-builts are updated regularly
- Monitor execution of punch lists and quality control
- Maintain records of job cost
- Oversee superintendent project photos are regularly taken and the daily log is managed by the superintendents
- Oversee that the superintendents promote safety on the projects, provide safety meetings, and monitor subcontractor's work as to compliance with the comprehensive project safety program
- Oversee and maintain the BlueTeam project management system
- Conduct exit meeting with 3rd party inspectors
- Review and approve subcontractor's and supplier's pay request
- Maintain, if applicable, communication/coordination with national suppliers
- Evaluate the individual performance of the personnel to maintain the company's high standards of success
- Create a highly motivated team orientated attitude with construction personnel and trade associates
- Keep the field personnel informed with the current events of the company
- Plan, manage, direct, and instruct the field associates so that coverage is provided while on vacation or approved absence from the company
- Manage medium to large-scaled projects concurrently from start to finish, including estimating and pre-construction
- Serve as a liaison between customer, architect, and BlueTeam staff
- Read and interpret floor plans and schematics to scale the project tasks accordingly
- Preparing scopes of work and recommending subcontractors to be selected for contracting
- Sending out invitations to bid and managing the bidding process
- Review and understand the Project Estimate; develop and manage cost control and document control procedures for each project
- Review, understand, and comply with all the requirements of the contract between owner and contractor
- Provide construction input to design professionals
- Assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost
- Responsible and accountable for day-to-day contact and meet regularly with client and designers to ensure ongoing satisfaction
- Attend and provide pre-construction status with the customers
- Tracking all permits to ensure project schedule is not impacted
- Reviewing plans and specifications to create scopes of work and execute contracts
- Assure that subcontractors comply with insurance and bonding requirements
- Aid compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes. Negotiate buy-out of selected subcontractors
- Create final project schedule
- Create and manage all contracts whether prime or subcontracts
- Reviewing submittals including shop drawings
- Review and process subcontractor submittals for adherence to the specifications.
- Managing of project document logs to include RFI's, Change Orders, Transmittals, and Submittals
What you’ll need...
- AA / AS degree required. BA / BS degree preferred (from an accredited college)
- Minimum of six years of construction experience
- A minimum of three years general construction supervisory experience required
- EXTREMELY strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Must be familiar with general contracting procedures
- Knowledge of construction building codes
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of construction estimating and scheduling practices
- Must demonstrate managerial skills appropriate with this position
- Must be PC proficient
- Procore, PM management experience is REQUIRED
- Bidding, Building Connected experience is a PLUS
- Schedule, proficient in Microsoft Project, or other software equivalent is REQUIRED
- Budget, change orders, and RFI's
- Meetings and reports
- Drawings, documents, and Blue Beam
- Microsoft Office Suite: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.