Roofing Superintendent - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***Location preference is South Florida***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
As a Roofing Superintendent, you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of the project on schedule and in line with budgeted performance metrics. This role also works alongside team members and manages daily onsite project activities.
What you’ll do...
- Mobilize to site at receipt of assignments and perform "Site Establishment" which includes: Scope and Schedule review with clients.
- Coordinate schedules, staging areas, parking and entrance/exit points.
- Establish a daily "Check In / Check Out" process with local management.
- Direct and oversee the daily operation of all subcontractors in order to achieve a successful and safe completion of projects.
- Manage daily activities while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Maintain a high-quality product and finish ahead of contractual schedules.
- Enforce the dress code among crew members (BlueTeam uniform t-shirts).
- Prepare and Submit all project related paperwork at the required time of submission.
- Complete Daily Crew Activity Sheets and Project Field Reports to include: Weekly Status Reports, Incident Reports, Personal Expense Report and Weekly Tracker Reports.
- Conduct and Record Weekly "Toolbox Talk" safety meetings weekly.
- Perform regular "pre-punch" walks with subcontractors.
- Provide direction to subcontractors on actions needed to complete the scope of work.
- Perform regular quality checks of ongoing production.
- Provide corrective direction to subcontractors when needed.
- Ensure customer’s business is not interrupted.
What you’ll need...
- High School completion/GED required.
- Five (5) + years of experience as a roofing supervisor.
- Three (3) years of commercial roofing experience.
- Experience working for a general contractor.
- Must have good client interfacing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, State and Federal building codes and legislation.
- Knowledge of multiple roofing systems: Shingles, Metal, Tiles, Coatings, all Single Ply, and Mod Bit.
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled Roofing, maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ability to climb ladders and must be comfortable working heights above 50 ft.
- Ability to perform thorough roof inspections.
- Ability to inspect and locate defects in existing roof systems.
- Perform minor repairs and/or water tests to active leaks.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Strong communications skills. Thorough and attentive to details. Able to prioritize and multi-task. Proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.