Restoration Project Director
Restoration Project Director - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***This position is Nationwide***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
As a Restoration Project Director, you are responsible for the planning, organization and the successful execution of projects. Projects will range in size and complexity and will stretch across the US. The Project Director will provide leadership to the Project Management team to ensure projects are carried out safely while maintaining project quality, schedule, costs and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do....
- As a corporate representative, the Project Director has ultimate responsibility for delivery of schedule, budget, scope and quality commitments.
- The Project Director acts as the Client "account executive" for multiple projects and final approver of budget/bid in concert with Estimator.
- Manages the Project Management team and multiple projects concurrently.
- Reviews project proposals to determine timeframe, proper installation or work procedures.
- Assigns Project Managers and Superintendents in concert with Sr. Director to ensure staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Tracks project costs to maintain budget and profitability; responsible for delivery/enhancement of margin.
- Reviews contracts and manages the financial aspects of contracts; ensures job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis.
- Responsible for approval/acceptance of project handoff packages.
- Ensures project team compliance with SOPs.
- Directs and ensures timely completion of projects close-out activities.
- Responsible for project documentation compliance.
- Recruits Restoration Supervisors and Project Managers.
- Monitors and reports project costs and schedule performance; recommends corrective actions if needed.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with project owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and industry professionals. As a corporate representative, visits sites at least monthly.
- Ensures proper project billing; reviews/negotiates potential change orders with clients.
- Mentors Project Managers; champions skill development through training and performance reviews.
- Documents best practices to share with other Project Manager teams; ensures best practices are being used.
- Adheres to Company Safety Standards and promotes safety culture among the ranks throughout the Company.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
What you’ll need...
- Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering (civil or a related field), or a professional credential in Construction Management would be preferred. Equivalent education and/or field experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience required in Restoration and Construction project management; experience working with large general contractors or within the heavy civil/earthworks industry is preferred. Must show progression to Senior Project Manager or leadership role in past positions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and mentor a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to write reports, business correspondence and RFI's and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent understanding and ability to plans/read blueprints, apply building codes and other design requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project plans, specifications, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong ability to manage complex projects and to resolve problems and issues.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes, construction laws and practices
- Excellent negotiation skills and at least three years’ experience in negotiating contract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project software and general computer literacy. Experience with estimating software is also preferred.
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.