Project Engineer - Private Sector - BlueTeam
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! We are presently seeking a highly motivated, goal orientated and efficient Project Engineer to join our growing team in the capital projects division.
The Project Engineer reports into the Director and is responsible for a detailed approach to project planning and management. BlueTeam produces the highest quality deliverables on time, every time. As an ideal candidate, you are a highly trained engineer with a proven history of project and program management. You are an outstanding communicator, an exceptional leader, and an even better strategist. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the BlueTeam standard of excellence and delivering projects with the utmost attention to safety and quality.
What you’ll do....
- Works with Project Manager to ensure good decisions for the company and project during the buyout process.
- Addresses schedule in Subcontractor Scope.
- Assists PM in completing project buyout.
- Assists in preparation of complete subcontract Scope of Work.
- Practices good negotiating skills.
- Fully reviews drawings & specifications in preparation of subcontractor scope.
- Understands contract documents and identifies gaps in the systems.
- Maintains & assists PM with preparation of Weekly Project Updates accurately and on time.
- Maintains and updates Purchasing Schedule and Submittal Log.
- Reviews submittals for conformance to contract documents.
- Tracks submittal process timely.
- Identifies lead times for materials purchases and tracks delivery dates.
- Maintains and updates Subcontractor Change Order Log.
- Maintains and updates Owner Change Order Log.
- Maintains and updates RFI Log.
- Generates subcontractor meeting agendas and minutes.
- Accurate and timely documentation of project issues.
- Fully uses Procore for every project.
- Maintains project document list.
- Reviews project documents & creates RFIs in a timely manner.
- Maintains open communication with subcontractors.
- Works with PMs and Superintendents to recognize underperforming subcontractors timely with project notifications.
- Reviews subcontractors change order proposals for accuracy of quantities, conformance with contract documents and subcontractor scope of work.
- Proactively thinks about owner issues.
- Handles clients’ needs with a sense of Urgency.
- Adapts to different client’s individual personalities, needs, and wants.
- Handles misc. owner requests without objection.
- Participates in Owner, Architect Contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Understands and exceeds client expectations.
- Actively assists project superintendent with enforcement of site safey
- Distributes overall project schedule as defined by the PM and Field Supervisor. Monthly (min).
- Will take necessary actions to maintain or improve project schedule.
- Shows respect for duties of other team members.
- Supports and interacts with Project Manager and Field Supervision to perform as a cohesive team.
- Participates in weekly OAC and subcontractor meetings.
- Reviews project bulletins and identifies scope of work changes.
- Coordinates local city permit and utilities company requirements as related to subcontractors and owner requirements.
- Can identify quality issues in the field and communicate them accordingly.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Performs pre-punch list walk thru with PM and Superintendent.
- Makes closing out the project a priority.
- Enforces contract close-out timeline and notifies subcontractors.
- Works with Project Manager in collecting all close out documents.
- Works with Accounting to close out all financials.
- Performs other duties as needed.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; or five (5+) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EXTREMELY Strong analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Must be familiar with general contracting procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state, and federal building codes and legislation.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of construction estimating, bidding, scheduling, and Project Management tools and practices.
- Must demonstrate managerial skills appropriate with this position.
- Must be PC proficient.
- Software Skills:
- Procore, PM Management experience is REQUIRED.
- Bidding, Building Connected or Pipeline Suite experience is a Plus.
- Schedule, Proficient in Microsoft Project, or other software equivalent is a Plus.
- Document controls, Blue Beam and Adobe Acrobat.
- Microsoft Office Suite: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.