Project Director - Private Sector - BlueTeam
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! We are presently seeking a highly motivated, goal oriented and customer focused Project Director to join our growing team in the commercial Restoration division. The Project Director is responsible for the planning, organization and the successful execution of restoration and reconstruction projects. Projects will range in size and complexity. Projects should typically be located within the region/market in which you reside in but will include projects outside of your region which can include any state across the US. The Project Director will provide leadership to the Operations teams to ensure projects are carried out safely while maintaining project quality, schedule, costs and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do....
- As a corporate representative, the Project Director has ultimate responsibility for communication, delivery of schedule, budget, scope and quality commitments
- The Project Director acts as the Client "account executive" for multiple projects and will review all restoration estimates on jobs they are assigned to, as well as produce reconstruction estimates for their assigned projects
- Manages the Operations and project team which includes, but is not limited to; first responders, superintendents, vendors, suppliers, AOE/EOR’s, and clients
- The Project Director will produce a rough order of magnitude estimate for restoration and reconstruction projects, and then monitor all expenses to ensure the budget and actual costs align with the company’s expectations regarding project profitability and customer satisfaction
- The Project Director will produce a reconstruction SOW and estimate based on the work completed on a restoration project
- The Project Director will request and review vendor proposals to cross reference with their estimate for purposes of buyout and achieving the target profit margin for a given project. Target Margins will be identified by project type
- On projects greater than $250k, the PD will assist in Assigning Project Managers and/or Superintendents in concert with management to ensure staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Tracks project costs to maintain budget and profitability; responsible for delivery/enhancement of margin
- Reviews contracts and manages the financial aspects of contracts; ensures job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis
- Responsible for approval/acceptance of project handoff packages
- Ensures project team compliance with SOPs
- Directs and ensures timely completion of project’s close-out activities
- Responsible for project documentation compliance
- Recruits Restoration Supervisors and Project Managers
- Monitors and reports project costs and schedule performance; recommends corrective actions if needed
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with project owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and industry professionals. As a corporate representative, visits sites at least monthly
- Ensures proper project billing; reviews/negotiates potential change orders with clients
- Documents best practices to share with other Project teams; ensures best practices are being used
- Adheres to Company Safety Standards and promotes safety culture among the ranks throughout the Company
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
What you’ll need...
- Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering (civil or a related field), or a professional credential in Construction Management would be preferred. Equivalent education and/or field experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience required in Restoration and Construction project management; experience working with large general contractors or within the heavy civil/earthworks industry is preferred.
- Must show progression to Senior Project Manager or leadership role in past positions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and mentor a team in both restoration and construction.
- Knowledge and use of T&M, Xactimate, negotiations with insurance providers (adjusters, consultants, etc)
- Knowledge of scheduling processes and software’s
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to write reports, business correspondence and RFI's and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Excellent understanding and ability to interpret plans/read blueprints, apply building codes, technical procedures, governmental regulations, construction processes, and other design requirements
- Strong ability to manage restoration and construction projects and to resolve problems and issues
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes, construction laws and practices
- Excellent negotiation skills and at least three years’ experience in negotiating contract
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project software and general computer literacy. Experience with estimating software is also preferred
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.