Project Accountant - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***This position is based out of Boca Raton, FL***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! We are presently seeking a Project Accountant. The Project Accountant is the liaison between the Company’s operations and finance department. You will work closely with operations personnel and client representatives.
What you’ll do....
- Monitor project progress from inception through completion
- Anticipate, identify, and work with the project team to resolve project issues
- Review and analyze project budgets prepared by operations
- Investigate variances budget to actual results
- Communication of concerns or issues to project management and accounting management
- Process and review subcontractor work orders and pay applications for compliance
- Review and approve project expenses
- Process client pay applications
- Perform project close-out financial and administrative functions
- Prepare ad hoc detailed project analyses to operations and finance management
- Proactively communicate to all levels of the Company
What you’ll need...
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from college or university
- A minimum of three (3) years of project accounting experience with a general contractor or large subcontractor required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Honest, trustworthy, proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have an energetic, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality to tackle any task
- "Tech savvy" and proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & construction accounting software
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to details
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).