Hotel Renovation Project Estimator
Hotel Renovation Project Estimator
Private Sector - BlueTeam
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction, and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world's premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! We are presently seeking a highly motivated, goal orientated and efficient Hotel Renovation Project Estimator to join our growing team in the Hospitality Renovation projects division. The Hotel Renovation Project Estimator is responsible for hotel renovation project communication, travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information and preparing and submitting Prebid package (estimate, budget, and schedule).
What you’ll do....
- The Hotel Renovation Project Estimator is to provide timely and accurate estimates on their assigned projects and maintain excellent client and hotel operations team relationships to ensure BlueTeam is always the client’s first choice for services.
- Ensures that internal project files are kept up to date and accurate.
- Receive new assignments from the Project Manager.
- Coordinate internal assignment call with Hospitality Renovation team
- Project estimate communication (local & corporate) at specified intervals to set and maintain expectations.
- Communicate internally the client expectations, to ensure a smooth transition into production.
- Travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information.
- Recruit, qualify, and send RFP’s to subcontractors, and labor groups as needed for each project.
- Communicate daily with the Hospitality Renovation team to determine progress and timing of site visits as well as client communication regarding expectations on when to expect the estimate.
- Scope renovation work and prepare detailed Xactimate estimate in accordance with BlueTeam SOP’s.
- Prepare an initial budget to submit as part of the Prebid package.
- Prepare an initial project schedule to submit as part of the Prebid package.
- Prepare and submit for review/approval a Prebid package (estimate, budget, and schedule).
- Coordinate an internal Prebid review with appropriate team to finalize estimate and distribute to the client.
- Work with sales team on how best to present estimate.
- Work with project manager to finalize contract terms and execution.
- Prepare turnover package and complete project handoff to Project Manager.
- Regularly follow up and re-engage as necessary during production to review progress and prepare change orders.
What you’ll need...
- Five (5) + years’ experience working as an Estimator, for a Hotel Renovation General Contractor, conducting full and select service hotel renovation and PIP projects.
- Experience in Hotel Renovation Estimating is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.
- Extensive knowledge of established hotel renovation, construction and maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes and legislation.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, proactive and deadline oriented.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as pre-bid documents, construction drawings, contracts, work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Travel - Requires 40-50% travel, up to 1 week away from home on each project.
- Must be available and reachable on short notice at all hours, including being on call to respond to emergency losses in 24/7/365.
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail (MS Outlook), MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Project.
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.