Hotel Renovation Construction Superintendent
Hotel Renovation Construction Superintendent -Private Sector - BlueTeam
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction, and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world's premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting Blue Team! We are presently seeking a highly motivated, goal oriented and customer focused Hotel Renovation Construction Superintendent to join our growing team in the Hospitality Renovation division. The Hotel Renovation Construction Superintendent ensures delivery of the project on schedule and in line with budgeted performance metrics. The Superintendent works alongside team members and manages the daily on-site activities. The Superintendent works with the hotel general manager to ensure clear and open communication.
What you’ll do....
Mobilize to site at receipt of assignment and perform "Site Establishment" which includes:
- Scope and Schedule review with hotel operations team
- Confirmation of hotel operator’s approved working hours
- Confirmation of hotel operator’s approved dumpster and storage container placement
- Confirmation of hotel operator’s approved Superintendent and subcontractor staff parking
- Confirmation of hotel operator’s approved crew entrance and exit to work site
- Establish a daily "Check In / Check Out" process with hotel operations team
- Conducts daily "quick report" meetings with hotel operations team
- Coordinate work of all subcontractors in field
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Cross train with Remediation/Restoration division in order to obtain the training and successfully manage a remediation project.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Direct and oversee the daily operation of all subcontractors in a way that achieves successful completion of the project while adhering to the project schedule.
- Manage daily activities always attempting to obtain a high-quality finish in a timeframe that completes prior to the predetermined schedule.
- Complete projects ahead of schedule.
- Enforcing crew dress code (BBMK uniform t-shirts)
- Accurately record daily crew members and activities
- Prepare and Submit all Project related paperwork at the required time of submission.
- Captures daily / weekly project photographs
- Daily Crew Activity Sheets and Project Field Reports (Submitted daily by 9:00am for the previous day’s activities)
- Participates in weekly project status conference call
- Weekly Status Reports (Submitted to PM by 12:00pm EST every Thursday)
- Incident Reports (Submitted within 1 hour of a reportable incident occurring)
- Personal Expense Report (Submitted by 9:00am EST Monday)
- Weekly Tracker (Submitted by 9:00am EST Monday)
- Ensures jobsite safety and quality of work (no rework/call back)
- Conduct and Record Weekly "Toolbox Talk" safety meeting every Monday of the active project.
- All Subcontractors on project must attend and sign "Toolbox Talk" meetings. Sign-in sheets are returned to Project Admin by 12pm the day of the meeting.
- Perform regular quality checks of ongoing production, giving corrective direction to subcontractors when poor quality or unsatisfactory work is discovered, eliminating punch work by oversight and implementation of proper finishes.
- Conduct pre-construction video recorded walk of all areas to be renovated
- Perform regular "pre-punch" walks with subcontractors and give direction on actions needed to complete scope.
- Ensures minimal hotel guest disruption
- As site leader, on jobsite full time
What you’ll need...
- Minimum 5 years of Hotel Renovation superintendent experience working in hospitality renovation construction trades.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, State and Federal building codes and legislation.
- Knowledge of ADA guidelines beneficial
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, maintenance, and repair tasks.
- Strong communications skills. Thorough and attentive to details. Able to prioritize and multi-task. Proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret design, architectural, structural and MEP plans
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.