Hospital Housekeepers/Cleaners-Private Sector-Beaumont Health
***Location preference is Royal Oak, Michigan. ***
Hospital Housekeepers/Cleaners Wanted!
The Hospital Housekeepers/cleaners ensures the safety and health of patients, visitors and employees by providing a clean, attractive and safe environment. As the Housekeeper/Cleaner, you are responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in all areas of the hospital by cleaning rooms, making beds, replenishing linens and maintaining floors.
What you’ll do….
- Routinely clean patient rooms, nursing units, surgical areas, administrative offices, laboratory areas, waiting areas and public restrooms.
- Use various chemicals and disinfectants.
- Wipe equipment, clean furniture, polish floors and vacuum carpets.
- Make beds, empty trash and restock medical supplies.
- Collect dirty laundry from all patient areas and distribute clean linen and hospital gowns back to the appropriate floors.
- Take daily inventory as well as inspect equipment for any repairs or replacements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete all required trainings.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
What you’ll need…
- Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of effective cleaning techniques.
- Ability to choose the correct cleaning agents.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Participate in a non-smoke status while on duty.
Job Status: Full Time