Fleet and Asset Manager
Fleet and Asset Manager - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***This position is based out of Boca Raton, FL***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! We are presently seeking a highly organized, customer focused and efficient Fleet and Asset Manager to join our IT Division based in Boca Raton, Florida. The Fleet and Asset Manager plans, directs, and evaluates the daily operations and activities of the Fleet, Equipment, and Facilities Department, which consists of office buildings, warehouses, restoration equipment and hardware tools that is stored in these facilities and the fleet management and maintenance of Company owned vehicles and trailers. This position manages the equipment and property resources to meet a return-on-investment strategy in a manner that provide safe, productive, and cost-effective facilities/equipment for our employees.
The position requires national travel (approximately 20%) to the Company’s warehouses and project sites. The position reports to the Director of IT with a dotted line to the Executive Vice President of Restoration.
What you’ll do....
- General Leadership / Management Responsibilities
- Serve as the liaison between the Fleet and Facilities department and other operating units and work closely with department managers to understand and meet their needs.
- Collaborate with division and department leaders; prepare and implement strategic long-range plans (three to five years) and forecast for space, operational, maintenance and equipment requirements; assist in the preparation, coordination, and control of the capital improvement budget for Board approval.
- Develop and manage department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; recommend modifications as deemed appropriate and hold team and others accountable.
- Provide oversight and leadership to direct reports (one). Set direction, evaluate performance, and align necessary resources to develop, motivate and inspire team to achieve high results with a quest for continuous improvement.
- Maintain detailed cost management records and continually review profitability of fleet and facilities.
- Conduct quality control and safety inspections of facilities, fleet and equipment; ensure adherence to safe work procedures.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the industry; incorporate new developments to provide a competitive advantage.
- Fleet Responsibilities
- Manage the Organization’s fleet management program, including acquisition, leasing, utilization, preventative maintenance, repair and replacement of vehicle and equipment fleet.
- Promote a return-on-investment strategy for assets that includes detailed cost management.
- Participate in annual budget development for staffing, maintenance contracts, vehicles, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures.
- Maintain inventory control of tools, materials, supplies and equipment.
- Maintain records to track vehicle registrations, titles, etc.
- Responsible for fully understanding and implementing oversight processes to monitor, effectively communicate and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations and requirements, including (but not limited to) International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), Dyed Diesel, Prorate, Form 2290, licensing and renewals, DOT permits (overweight and over width), OSHA regulations, crane permits, liquid waste management, storm water runoff from facilities, and fuel storage compliance, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by leadership.
- Asset Management Responsibilities
- Manages Department assets according to investment preferences and goals.
- Fully responsible for all aspects of the Company’s equipment, which includes the deployment, scheduling repairs, monitoring usage and compliance with the Company’s inventory system.
- Meets with Department Leaders to assess asset status, needs, risks, goals, and progress.
- Prepares financial reports, business activity reports and forecasts.
- Studies market trends to maximize profits and identify investment opportunities.
- Coordinates with property managers, brokers and other third parties.
- Fosters and maintains positive client relationships.
- Reviews financial reports to find ways to reduce costs.
- Compiles and presents asset management reports to clients, supervisors, and senior executives.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
What you’ll need...
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business, management, accounting, facilities or fleet management, or related field, or a minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility and experience managing capital, fleet and equipment, and/or facilities required; or equivalent of education and experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
- Strong understanding of facilities and equipment management and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and mobile technologies are required.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, establish credibility, and influence others.
- Effectively communicate; generate professional written material and deliver valuable verbal presentations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including a keen attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong Customer focus and the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competent to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and presentation skills for frequent contact with clients and co-workers.
- Highly developed problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Mature leader who maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, integrity and social/cultural awareness and sensitivity.
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).