Director of Roofing
Director of Roofing - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***Location Preference is South Florida***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
BlueTeam is seeking a Director of Roofing to become an integral part of the Roofing Division. The Director of Roofing will be responsible for directing all aspects of project administration and profitability, coordination with the sales staff, and revenue generation while also focusing on the growth and stabilization of the roofing operations. The Director of Roofing will be responsible for the oversite of roofing personnel, sub-contractor management and other duties associated with the business operations within the company. The Director of Roofing will be expected to instill the best practices across all lines of roofing and, where feasible, into the disaster recovery side as well.
What you’ll do....
- Responsible for driving strategy through leads, employee, and customer loyalty
- Co-create, design, develop, implement, and assess project management procedures, quality control and safety methods to support the strategic business plan
- Participate in pre-project planning to inspect scope, contract documents, drawings, equipment needed, schedules and other work instructions to anticipate safety issues and scope
- Responsible for day-to-day roofing operations and the financial well-being of the entire service department
- Initiate, oversee and manage resources and time frames for multiple projects
- Hire project management team to execute field production of roofing projects
- Oversee roofing employees to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, quality control, budget, and schedule
- Participate in sales meetings weekly and leadership meetings
- Take a leadership role in resolution of all disputes, claim related or other project related as it pertains to clients, contracts, or any other obligations
- Assist in training all National Directors, Estimators, Client Representatives in proper protocols and procedures in line with company policies
- Ensure that sales representatives are working in collaborative agenda of selling all lines and products and working under future national sales leadership
- Set up vendor relationships with preferred manufacturers, subcontractors, and other vendors; ensure proper certifications to maintain relationship
- Administer Warranty Program and Third-Party Inspection(s) Program
- Serve as the lead in catastrophic events; be available 365 x 24 x 7 to ensure team members have the resources and leadership needed
- Complete other duties as assigned
What you’ll need...
- 10+ years of experience working in commercial roofing construction
- 10+ years of project management experience specific to commercial roofing construction
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
- Accurately track and document roof project workflows
- Communicate project or staffing issues with supervisor in a timely manner
- Must be available and reachable on short notice and during all designated work hours
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of sales numbers, current projects, pending projects and account receivables
- Interpret specifications and company policies to subordinates and/or contractors and enforce safety regulations
- Maintain a high level of integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment as you perform responsibilities
- Must be able to walk all jobsites including adverse conditions
- Demonstrate efficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).