Director of Capital Projects
***This position is based out of Boca Raton, Fl***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! The Director of Capital Projects will serve as a major transformational change leader while assuming operational and financial responsibility for all commercial capital projects ranging from $50K-$20M+. The individual will be responsible for assimilating and ensuring the adoption of best practices of an integrated project delivery system across the team, driving strong support to business development efforts, enhancing efficiency through process improvement, and maintaining a heightened focus on quality and safety, while increasing profitability and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do....
- Assume responsibility for field operations through to P&L for a high frequency of projects within the capital projects division.
- Plan and direct all aspects of the division.
- Responsible for day-to-day project operations and the financial well-being of the division.
- Responsible for the full life cycle of all capital projects, from lead creation through close-out.
- Initiate, oversee and manage resources and time frames for all capital projects.
- Manage new and existing employees within division to ensure proper execution of company SOP’s.
- Participate in sales and leadership meetings as needed.
- Actively participate in the pre-bid process from lead creation to proposal submittal, to include thorough cost and estimate reviews.
- Participate in pre-construction planning to inspect and review scope, pricing, contract documents, drawings, schedules, and other work instructions.
- Direct and lead personnel to ensure all projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to pre-established specifications.
- Responsible for the coordination and production of high-level project budgets.
- Assess current processes and define/implement best practices based on business needs and the relevance of new strategic initiatives; translate strategy into objectives with clear accountability.
- Able to work collaboratively with clients to develop scopes, budgets, designs, value engineering, etc.
- Direct and lead the implementation of new and existing software’s to include takeoff, estimating and ITB programs.
- Take a leadership role in resolution of all internal and external disputes, claim related or other project related issues as it pertains to clients, contracts, or any other obligations.
- May also be requested to assist the restoration and reconstruction teams on large complex projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need...
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of progressive construction management experience.
- Must have the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced knowledge in contracting, commercial construction management and procurement.
- Excellent at leadership, organization and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Willingness to travel to the various projects throughout the country.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is required, advanced degree preferred and fifteen (15) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.