Construction Superintendent - Private Sector - BlueTeam
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
The Construction Superintendent ensures delivery of the project on schedule and in line with budgeted performance metrics. The Construction Superintendent works alongside team members and manages the daily on-site activities.
What you’ll do...
- Mobilize to site at receipt of assignment and perform Site Specific Safety Plan which includes:
- Site Logistics
- Potential hazards
- Kick off meeting with Project Director to review scope, develop schedule, and budget
- Update project schedule weekly
- Maintain a safe and professional environment on all job scope and schedule review with local level client
- Out of region/state travel may be required for extended periods of time
- Confirmation of client approved working hours
- Confirmation of client approved dumpster and storage container placement
- Confirmation of client approved Project Manager and subcontractor staff parking
- Confirmation of client approved crew entrance and exit to work site
- Establish a daily "Check In / Check Out" process with local management
- Coordinates work of all subcontractors in field
- Communicate scope, budget, and/or schedule changes to PD for submission of RFI’s to client/AOR/EOR
- Submittal review and understanding to ensure installation of project specific/required processes, materials, and finishes
- Direct and oversee the daily operation of all subcontractors in a way that achieves successful completion of the project
- Manage daily activities always attempting to obtain a high-quality finish in a timeframe that completes prior to the predetermined schedule
- Drive schedules and production crews to complete projects ahead of schedule.
- Enforcing crew dress code (BBMK uniform t-shirts)
- Accurately record daily crew members and activities
- Prepare and Submit all Project related paperwork at the required time of submission Daily Crew Activity Sheets and Project Field Reports (Submitted daily by 9a for the previous day’s activities). Includes photos of all division work as work progresses and must include pre-inspection photos
- Weekly Status Reports (Submitted to PM by 12:00pm EST every Thursday). PD to review and distribute WSR as required by project distribution outlined in MSA and/or Kick Off meeting
- Incident Reports (Submitted within 1 hour of a reportable incident occurring) Personal Expense Report (Submitted by 9:00am EST Monday)
- Weekly Tracker (Submitted by 9:00am EST Monday) Ensures jobsite safety and quality of work (no rework/call back)
- Conduct and Record Weekly "Toolbox Talk" safety meeting every Monday of the active project All Subcontractors on project must attend and sign "Toolbox Talk" meetings
- Sign-in sheets are returned to Project Admin by 12p the day of the meeting
- Perform regular quality checks of ongoing production, giving corrective direction to subcontractors when poor quality or unsatisfactory work is discovered, eliminating punch work by oversight and implementation of proper finishes
- Perform regular "pre-punch" walks with subcontractors and give direction on actions needed to complete scope and document all items Ensures minimal customer business interference
- A site leader, must remain on jobsite full time
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Cross train with Remediation/Restoration division to obtain the training and successfully manage a remediation project
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
What you’ll need...
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from college or university or three (3) years’ experience working in commercial or residential construction trades or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word
- Experience working for a general contractor
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, State and Federal building codes and legislation
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, maintenance, and repair tasks
- Strong communications skills
- Thorough and attentive to details
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Proactive and deadline oriented
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, budgets, schedules, project specifications, and procedure manuals
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.