Construction Superintendent-Private Sector - BlueTeam
***This position is Nation-Wide***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing — both domestic and international — and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
As a Construction Superintendent, you will ensure delivery of the project on schedule and in line with budgeted performance metrics. The Superintendent works alongside team members and manages the daily on-site activities.
What you’ll do….
- Mobilize to site at receipt of assignment and perform “Site Establishment” which includes:
- Scope and Schedule review with local level client
- Confirmation of client approved working hours
- Confirmation of client approved dumpster and storage container placement
- Confirmation of client approved Superintendent and subcontractor staff parking
- Confirmation of client approved crew entrance and exit to work site
- Establish a daily “Check In / Check Out” process with local management
- Coordinates work of all subcontractors in field
- Direct and oversee the daily operation of all subcontractors in a way that achieves successful completion of the project
- Manage daily activities always attempting to obtain a high-quality finish in a time frame that completes prior to the predetermined schedule.
- Complete projects ahead of schedule.
- Enforcing crew dress code (BlueTeam uniform t-shirts)
- Accurately record daily crew members and activities
- Prepare and Submit all Project related paperwork at the required time of submission.
- Daily Crew Activity Sheets and Project Field Reports (Submitted daily by 9am for the previous day’s activities)
- Weekly Status Reports (Submitted to PM by 12:00pm EST every Thursday)
- Incident Reports (Submitted within 1 hour of a reportable incident occurring)
- Personal Expense Report (Submitted by 9:00am EST Monday)
- Weekly Tracker (Submitted by 9:00am EST Monday)
- Ensures jobsite safety and quality of work (no rework/call back)
- Conduct and Record Weekly “Toolbox Talk” safety meeting every Monday of the active project.
- All Subcontractors on project must attend and sign “Toolbox Talk” meetings. Sign in sheets are returned to Project Admin by 12pm the day of the meeting.
- Perform regular quality checks of ongoing production, giving corrective direction to subcontractors when poor quality or unsatisfactory work is discovered, eliminating punch work by oversight and implementation of proper finishes.
- Perform regular “pre-punch” walks with subcontractors and give direction on actions needed to complete scope.
- Ensures minimal customer business interference
- As site leader, on jobsite full time
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Cross train with Remediation/Restoration division in order to obtain the training and successfully manage a remediation project.
What you’ll need…
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from college or university.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in commercial or residential construction trades or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a general contractor.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, State and Federal building codes and legislation.
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, maintenance and repair tasks.
- Strong communications skills. Thorough and attentive to details. Able to prioritize and multi-task. Proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word.
What you’ll get in return…
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Job Status: Full Time