Construction Manager - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***This is a national position***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
The Construction Manager’s primary function is to provide operational execution and expertise to their assigned reconstruction projects, with a minimum value of $250k, from inception through warranty and maintain excellent client relationships to ensure BlueTeam is always the client’s first choice for reconstruction services.
The Construction Manager will have overall operational and management responsibility in completing the BlueTeam process. The Construction Manager is responsible for communicating with the project team and the client daily to create and deliver exceptional customer service. The Construction Manager will also help in directing and communicating the activities of all the assigned job team members. Site visits and scheduled client meetings will require attendance of the Construction Manager.
What you’ll do...
- Review scopes and estimates, for reconstruction projects in assigned region or others as projects are sold or assigned
- Direct the construction project teams, ensuring and delivering appropriate project expectations
- Management of complex projects including monitoring project scope, schedule, and budget; including but not limited to; maintaining project profitability, sourcing labor and materials, developing and managing project schedules, reviewing and submitting work orders and purchase orders, reviewing and approving or rejecting subcontractor billings
- Works with the Project Director to produce project billings accurately and timely.
- Timely identify, document and submit change orders to the Project Director. Work with the project team to ensure all change orders are timely submitted and approved by clients before any work is performed
- Solicit, onboard and maintain subcontractor relationships
- Monitor subcontractors and vendor costs to ensure proper performance of scope and price
- Fully responsible to ensure that assigned projects maintain the proper level of staffing and equipment
- Prepare pre-construction kick-off meeting
- As first line of response, the PM must respond in a timely manner on all losses or projects
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Assists Project Director with initial budget set up, applications for payment, A/R collections and subcontractor and supplier payments
- Assists Project Director with timely and accurate project buyout
- Responsible for overall financial performance on the project
TEAM AND INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Act as a liaison between departments to share information and ensure client needs are addressed
- Work collaboratively with the project teams to ensure client retention by driving/demanding superior client service from all BlueTeam representatives inclusive of vendors
- Communicate project or site staffing issues with immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain a high level of integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment in order to perform Construction Manager duties
What you’ll need...
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or five (5) + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess demonstrated skill of developing and maintaining business relationships.
- Experience on complex construction projects
- Have a high level of drive and stamina necessary to see things through to their conclusion
- Strong ability to forge solid internal and external working relationships
- Desire and commitment to establish a partnering and trusting relationships with internal and external people
- Demonstrated ability to maintain corporate strategies and schedules for meeting goals and anticipate obstacles to goal attainment
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead, monitor own and others progress and adjust when necessary
- Required knowledge in general contracting, architecture, engineering or the commercial real estate industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, follow-up and negotiation skills
- Must be computer proficient, including experience using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel and Xactimate Estimating Software. CRM database proficiency is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks by established deadlines; demonstrated discipline in using time management tools and techniques
- Team player, willing to share information and leads across the enterprise
- Conduct job walks, visits job sites, attend client site meetings, as required
- Must be open to business travel
- Budgeting, buyout and construction finance experiences
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
About Blue Team:
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.