Construction Estimator-Private Sector - BlueTeam
***This position is Nationwide***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing — both domestic and international — and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
As a Construction Estimator, you will be responsible for client and adjuster communication, travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information and preparing and submitting Prebid package (estimate, budget, and schedule).
What you’ll do….
- The Estimator is to provide timely and accurate estimates on their assigned projects and maintain excellent client and adjustor relationships to ensure BlueTeam is always the client’s first choice for services.
- Ensures that internal project files are kept up to date and accurate.
- Receive new assignments from the Division Director.
- Coordinate internal assignment call with restoration and reconstruction team. Client communication (local & corporate) at specified intervals to set and maintain expectations.
- Communicate internally the client expectations, to ensure a smooth transition into production.
- Travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information.
- Recruit, qualify, and send RFP’s to subcontractors as needed for each project.
- Communicate daily with the restoration team to determine progress and timing of site visits as well as client communication regarding expectations on when to expect the estimate.
- Scope repair work and prepare detailed Xactimate estimate in accordance with BlueTeam SOP’s.
- Prepare an initial budget to submit as part of the Prebid package.
- Prepare an initial project schedule to submit as part of the Prebid package.
- Prepare and submit for review/approval a Prebid package (estimate, budget, and schedule).
- Coordinate an internal Prebid review with appropriate team to finalize estimate and distribute to the client.
- Work with sales team on how best to present estimate.
- Communicate and present and sell BlueTeam estimate/services to the client.
- Follow up regularly with client on status of pending projects.
- Negotiate with owners, adjusters, and consultants for final settlement and approval.
- Work with owner to finalize contract terms and execution.
- Prepare turnover package and complete project handoff to Project Manager.
- Regularly follow up and re-engage as necessary during production to review progress and prepare change orders.
What you’ll need…
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working as an Estimator, for a General contractor or restoration company conducting large loss disaster recovery services.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or
- Three (3) + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel – Requires 50-60% travel, up to 1 week away from home on each project.
- Must be available and reachable on short notice and during all designated work hours, including being on call to respond to emergency losses 24/7/365.
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail (MS Outlook), MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Xactimate is required.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes and legislation.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task; proactive and deadline oriented.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as pre-bid documents, construction drawings, contracts, work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
What you’ll get in return…
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Job Status: Full Time