Commercial Construction Estimator
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
Join the exciting BlueTeam! We are presently seeking a highly motivated, goal orientated and efficient Commercial Construction Estimator to join our growing team in the Construction Division. The Commercial Construction Estimator reports to the Division Director and is responsible for client communication, preparing and submitting Prebid package (estimate, budget, and schedule), and travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information.
What you’ll do....
- Receive new assignments from the Division Director.
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analyzing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Client communication (local & corporate) at specified intervals to set and maintain expectations.
- Communicate internally the client expectations, to ensure a smooth transition into production.
- Travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent information.
- Scope repair work and prepare detailed estimate.
- Prepare and submit for review/approval a Prebid package (estimate and schedule).
- Work with internal Prebid review team to finalize estimate and distribute to the client.
- Negotiate with owners, adjusters, and consultants for final settlement and approval.
- Recruit, subcontractors as needed for each project.
- Prepare turnover package and complete project handoff to Project Manager.
- Re-engage as necessary during production to review progress.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
What you’ll need...
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes and legislation.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, proactive and deadline oriented and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Experience as an Estimator in the construction field.
- Time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Pipeline invitation to bid software is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be available and reachable on short notice and during all designated work hours, including being on call to respond to emergency losses 24/7/365.
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Experience in Xactimate is required.
- Experience with tools such as Shiggy and Acumatica
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; or 10 years plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
BlueTeam’s Mission is to cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful and understanding of our clients and their business needs.
Becoming valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values: integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We believe that with quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a successful and well-structured profitable organization that will treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing our staff for their efforts and contributions.
BlueTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.