AR Collections Specialist - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***Location Preference is South Florida***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the world’s premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients’ needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
The AR/Collections Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the collection of all outstanding accounts receivables from clients. The successful candidate will also be responsible for other aspects of collections, resolve customer billing problems and reducing the amount of accounts receivables.
What you’ll do....
- Act as the Company’s primary client liaison for all billing and collection issues.
- Prepare monthly customer statements and distribute statements to client.
- Review statements with clients and the Company’s finance group.
- Review account adjustments and resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible to communicate delinquent accounts to client account managers and finance.
- Provide information requested to the clients, insurance adjusters, and other internal/external parties in an effort to settle outstanding claims.
- Support account managers and finance with information requests.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for all accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the finance and business development groups.
- Monitor the Company’s lien tracking process, file notices, and place liens.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
What you’ll need...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Five (5+) years of experience in collections/billing role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Excel and data compilation / analysis skills (pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.).
- Construction or technology industry accounting background preferred, not required.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting system (Acumatica system or experience with system implementation experience would be huge plus)
- Knowledge of billing and collections
- Knowledge of the commercial insurance industry and claims settlement process
- Exceptional responsiveness and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage data effectively.
- Ability to compile, understand, and summarize large quantities of data using Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Honest, trustworthy, proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have an energetic, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality to tackle any task
- "Tech savvy" and proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & construction accounting software
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to details.
- Organized, self-motivated, and strong communications skills are needed to work with a large accounting team and the Company’s operational divisions.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned areas with support from the Controller and CFO.
- Problem solver with the ability and attitude to identify and communicate issues and information in a concise and polished format.
What you’ll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).